Annual Report 2020
Welcome to our fifth Annual Report, and the first to be published in an online format only, which describes our work from September 2019 to August 2020.
In the video our Chair David Jones OBE DL introduces our report detailing what has been a challenging year for education and the qualifications system due to the continuing effects of the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
The report gives details of how we’ve made a difference to learners, and the education system in Wales over the last year.
As well as dealing with the implications of cancelling exams due to the pandemic we have:
- started work and consulted on the qualifications needed to support the new curriculum, due to be introduced in 2022;
- developed proposals for a new Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate;
- introduced all the new qualifications in the health and social care sector;
- worked towards the first in a new suite of qualifications of construction and the built environment to be introduced for first teaching in September 2021; and
- made good progress in our review of qualifications in engineering, advanced manufacturing and energy.