Condition B3.1 of the Standard Conditions of Recognition requires awarding bodies to promptly notify Qualifications Wales when they have cause to believe that any event has occurred, or is likely to occur, which could have an adverse effect.
Types of events
You can find examples of the types of events for which you should send a notification listed in Condition B3.2 here.
We would expect to receive information on whether or not the incident has affected, or could potentially affect, learners who are assessed wholly or mainly in Wales. Where there are no learners assessed wholly or mainly in Wales who are, or may be, potentially affected, then no notification is needed.
What type of information should be provided when sending a notification?
Please provide the following information, either at the time of notification (where available), or as soon as possible thereafter:
- the date on which you became aware of the incident,
- the nature of the incident,
- the qualifications affected,
- the number of centres in Wales affected,
- the number of learners in Wales affected,
- details of any actions taken at present,
- details of and a proposed timescale for any planned future actions,
- a proposal for when Qualifications Wales will next be updated on the incident.
Where do I send the notification?
Please send your notifications to email@example.com. You can also send any queries regarding the incident notification process, or regarding a specific event, to the above email address.