Competitive Welsh Language Support Grant
Timeline for the competitive Welsh Language Support Grant
Claim Periods(s) –
Qualifications Wales will agree claim windows based on the timeline received from the awarding body during the application process. Claimants will be encouraged to submit claims throughout the financial year.
Our overarching priority for the competitive Welsh Language Support Grant is to support qualifications designed:
- for use by learners aged 14-19 on full-time funded programmes of learning and/or
- to be used on publicly funded apprenticeships.
We anticipate using in the majority of our available funding for qualifications that fall within this Overarching Priority, however, applications are welcome for qualifications that do not fall within this priority.
In our view it is better for qualifications to be made available for learners in both Welsh and English from the point of first teaching. Within the Overarching Priority, we will therefore further prioritise applications in the following order:
- Category 1: New qualifications which have been designed for first teaching (these may or may not replace existing qualifications).
- Category 2: Qualifications which are being updated.
- Category 3: Qualifications which have been recently updated or reviewed and have (or for which the awarding body will be applying for) an operational end date beyond August 2023.
- Category 4: Older qualifications and/or qualifications with a limited lifespan remaining.
To note: Where an awarding body wishes to apply for funding for qualifications which sit in more than one category above, we require a separate application form for each category. We also require a separate application for qualifications which are outside of our Overarching Priority.
If you have any questions on the grant application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org