Privacy notice - Newsletters
It is essential that centres remain updated about the work of Qualifications Wales and therefore The Examiner and/or Slate newsletter(s) will automatically be sent to all primary contacts at awarding bodies, schools and colleges. For clarity, primary contacts are:
- Examiner - Responsible Officers at recognised awarding bodies.
- Slate - Heads of schools, FE College Principals and Exam Officers.
Please note these contacts will automatically receive mailings. If you would like to update the primary contact details at your centre please contact us.
We send newsletters and regular mailings to primary contacts and retain their contact details on our systems under the legal basis of processing in the public interest and in accordance with our statutory functions under section 46 of the Qualifications Wales Act 2015.
Others may subscribe to either newsletter by clicking on the link on our subscription page.
By subscribing to our mailing lists you are consenting to us retaining your e-mail address for the purposes of sending you the newsletter which you have subscribed to.
Those who have subscribed to our newsletters may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the mailing.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information Qualifications Wales holds about you
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data
- to object to processing
- to request your data to be ported (data portability)
To learn more about these rights please see the ICO website.
Please address any such requests to the
Data Protection Officer
Q2 Building, Pencarn Lane,
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office.