Privacy notice – Reflections on the use of technology during the pandemic
Information which identifies individuals (name, organisation name, e-mail address) may be collected via this survey.
The purpose of processing to gather feedback from the roundtable discussions on the uses, benefits, and challenges that technology offers, in the context of education in Wales. This is to support our principal aims of:
- ensuring that qualifications, and the Welsh qualification system, are effective for meeting the reasonable needs of learners in Wales;
- promoting public confidence in qualifications and in the Welsh qualification system.
Our lawful basis for retaining this information is to enable us to fulfil our public task as the regulator for the qualifications system in Wales and to exercise our official functions under Qualifications Wales Act 2015.
Qualifications Wales will be the Data Controller of any personal data submitted in the survey.
The data will be held temporarily on Smart Survey for no more than 90 days after the closure of the survey and then will be exported to Qualifications Wales systems. The data will then be retained for 12 months from the session.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than in the exercise of our public task.
Freedom of Information
Please note that as a public body, all written information that we hold (including written enquiries) is subject to Freedom of Information requests. We will comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR when considering requests made under the Freedom of Information Act.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information Qualifications Wales holds about you
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data
To learn more about these rights please see the ICO website.
You may address any such requests to:
QW Data Protection Officer
Q2 Building, Pencarn Lane,
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office
Information Commissioner's Office