Privacy notice – Reformed GCSEs qualitative research
Information which identifies individuals (name, centre name, job title) will be collected via this questionnaire/survey/focus group/interview.
The purpose of processing is to collect information from teachers and some stakeholders on how the new qualifications are working and what impact the changes are having. This is to support our principal aims of:
- ensuring that qualifications, and the Welsh qualification system, are effective for meeting the reasonable needs of learners in Wales;
- promoting public confidence in qualifications and in the Welsh qualification system.
Our lawful basis for retaining this information is to enable us to fulfil our public task as the regulator for the qualifications system in Wales and to exercise our official functions under Qualifications Wales Act 2015.
Qualifications Wales will be the Data Controller of any personal data submitted in the survey. A third-party independent research company (Wavehill Ltd) will be undertaking the processing of the data on our behalf.
Qualtrics survey software is used to undertake the online survey and their privacy statement can be found here https://www.qualtrics.com/privacy-statement/
Your personal information will only be kept for the purposes outlined above. It will be kept securely for 12 months after the end of the research project and will then be destroyed.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than in the exercise of our public task.
Freedom of Information
Please note that as a public body, all written information that we hold is subject to Freedom of Information requests. We will pay regard to the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR before sharing any personal information requested under the Freedom of Information Act.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information Qualifications Wales and Wavehill holds about you
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data
- to object to processing to request your data to be ported (data portability)
To learn more about these rights please see the ICO website.
You may address any such requests to:
QW Data Protection Officer
Q2 Building, Pencarn Lane,
You can contact Wavehill directly at the following address:
21 Alban Square
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745