Privacy notice – Skills Challenge Certificate Questionnaire
Information which may identify individuals (e.g. centre name, job title) will be collected via this questionnaire, and professional contact details may be provided voluntarily.
The purpose of processing this information is to enable us to monitor the response rate from centres with different demographics to understand how representative the data is of centres across Wales. We might also choose to conduct follow up discussions with some respondents for the purpose of sharing delivery models amongst centres. This is to support our principal aims of:
- ensuring that qualifications, and the Welsh qualification system, are effective for meeting the reasonable needs of learners in Wales;
- promoting public confidence in qualifications and in the Welsh qualification system. Qualifications Wales will be the Data Controller of any personal data submitted in the survey. A third-party independent research company (Wavehill Ltd) will be undertaking the processing of the data on our behalf;
- Qualtrics survey software is used to undertake the survey and their privacy statement can be found here https://www.qualtrics.com/privacy-statement/
- our lawful basis for retaining this information is to enable us to fulfil our public task as the regulator for the qualifications system in Wales and in to exercise our official functions under Qualifications Wales Act 2015.
Your personal information will only be kept for the purposes above. It will be kept securely for 12 months and will then be destroyed.
We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than in the exercise of our public task.
Freedom of Information
Please note that as a public body, all written information that we hold is subject to Freedom of Information requests. We will pay regard to the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR before sharing any personal information requested under the Freedom of Information Act.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information Qualifications Wales and Wavehill holds about you;
- have any inaccuracies corrected;
- have your personal data erased;
- place a restriction on our processing of your data;
- object to processing to request your data to be ported (data portability).
To learn more about these rights, please see the ICO website.
You may address any such requests to:
QW Data Protection Officer, Qualifications Wales, Q2 Building, Pencarn Lane, Imperial Park, Coedkernew, Newport NP10 8AR
You can contact Wavehill directly at the following address:
21 Alban Square
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office:
Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745