Malpractice for GCSE, AS and A level in Wales: Summer 2018 exam series
An annual release that presents data on the number of malpractice penalties and offences in Wales for GCSE, AS and A level qualifications.
Release Date: Thursday 13 December, 2018
Period covered: Summer 2018
Next Update: December 2019 (Provisional)
- 210 penalties were issued to students for malpractice in summer 2018, up 17.3% compared to 180 penalties in 2017.
- The number of penalties issued to students in summer 2018 represents approximately one penalty for every 5,000 GCSE, AS and A level entries.
- Proportionately more penalties were issued relating to GCSEs than AS and A levels.
- Taking a mobile phone into an exam room continues to be the most common malpractice offence, making up 45.7% of all penalties issued.
- 15 penalties were issued to centre staff for malpractice, and 10 penalties were issued to centres.
Tel: 01633 373 292
Tel: 01633 373 216
There are no previous releases yet.