Reviews of marking and moderation for GCSE, AS and A level in Wales: Summer 2018 exam series
An annual release that presents data on the number of reviews of marking and moderation in Wales for GCSE, AS and A level qualifications.
Release Date: Thursday 13 December, 2018
Period covered: Summer 2018
Next Update: December 2019 (Provisional)
- Figures 1, 2, 5, 7 and tables 1 and 2 have been corrected to account for revised WJEC certification data.
- 1.8% of all GCSE grades awarded were challenged and 0.2% of all GCSE grades were changed in summer 2018.
- 2.7% of all GCE grades awarded were challenged and 0.4% of all GCE grades were changed in summer 2018.
- 72.3% of summer 2018 reviews resulted in no mark change, up from 55.4% in 2017.
- 58.1% of summer 2018 GCSE A*-G grades challenged were grade D, which is comparable to summer 2017 (58.4%).
Tel: 01633 373 261
Tel: 01633 373 216
There are no previous releases yet.