Vocational and Other Qualifications Quarterly: Quarter 2 (April - June) 2021 for Wales
A quarterly release that presents data on vocational and other qualification certifications for Wales for the latest quarter.
Release Date: Thursday 16 September, 2021
Period covered: April - June 2021
Next Update: November (provisional)
- The statistics in this release are likely to have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- This release no longer includes Welsh Baccalaureate or Skills Challenge Certificate qualifications. More information on this change can be found in the background notes, as well as information on how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected these statistics.
- 51,660 certificates were awarded in quarter 2 of 2021. This is a 156.7% decrease compared to the same quarter in 2020.
- Between July 2020 and June 2021, 238,680 certificates were awarded, a decrease of 7.2% compared to the previous year.
- All sectors saw an increase in certificates except for Science and Mathematics. The largest percentage increase was in Languages, Literature and Culture.
- The number of certificates awarded increased for all levels except Entry Level, Level 5 and Level 7 which saw small decreases. Level 2 saw the largest increase in terms of number of certificates.
Tel: 01633 373 292
Tel: 01633 373 216