Vocational and Other Qualifications Quarterly: Quarter 4 (October - December) 2020 for Wales
A quarterly release that presents data on vocational and other qualification certifications for Wales for the latest quarter.
Release Date: Thursday 25 February, 2021
Period covered: October – December 2020
Next Update: June (Provisional)
- The statistics in this release are likely to have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 41,275 certificates were awarded between October and December of 2020. This is a 19.4% decrease compared to the same quarter in 2019, when there were 51,765 certifications.
- Between January 2020 and December 2020 there were 306,020 certifications, a decrease of 19.3% compared to 379,030 between January 2019 and December 2019.
- Levels 1/2, 2 and 3 were the most certificated levels in 2020 Q4, accounting for 85.9% of the total number of certificates for the quarter, compared to 88.5% in 2019 Q4. The same levels accounted for 66.7% of the annual total.
- ‘Languages, Literature and Culture’ sector saw the largest quarterly decrease in certificates, with a decrease of 68.1% in 2020 Q4 compared with 2019 Q4. The sector with the largest proportional increase was ‘Information and Communication Technology’ which saw a quarterly increase of 14.5%, or around 75 certificates. The second largest increase of 11.9% was seen in ‘Preparation for Life and Work’.
Tel: 01633 373250
Tel: 01633 373 216